Hi! Welcome to my crazy life! To read my previous posts click on "Older Posts" tab at the bottom. My music taste is vast and all over the place so if you don't like what's playing you can click the pause button. Feel free to email me at ameej1978@gmail.com for any questions!

Friday, November 12, 2010

Ambition

We live out in the boonies and have lots of farmland around us.  My son got some cotton from a neighbor for a project and took the seeds out.  He says he's going to save them for when he grows up - he wants to be a farmer.  He said that these are all he needs to start growing cotton.  He also has several other bags of different seeds that he's collected.  He definitely got his love of growing things from me.  There's just something satisfying about feeding your family with something you've grown yourself.  Having a garden is no easy task, but rewarding.  He also got his frugalness from me as well.  He says that the more seeds he saves now he won't have to buy later.  Smart boy! (Nevermind the fact that the seeds will probably be rotten by then.)

His ambition warms my soul to the core.  I love that he is passionate about something so good.  I'm sure he'll change his mind many times over before he's grown, but the fact that he's making plans makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment