Hi! Welcome to my crazy life! To read my previous posts click on "Older Posts" tab at the bottom. My music taste is vast and all over the place so if you don't like what's playing you can click the pause button. Feel free to email me at ameej1978@gmail.com for any questions!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Starting Fresh

I love New Year's.  It gives any person the best excuse to work towards something.  Every year I make a nice long list of resolutions and although I don't always attain them I surely try.  And it gives me enormous joy when I get to scratch something off on that list.  Every person wants something or wants to work on something in their life.  Goals are our friends.

I remember all my years growing up my parents always had New Year's Eve parties.  We'd blare the music while drinking Egg Nog.  I always remember it raining.  And despite the rain my cousin and myself would ride on our dirt bike all over the yard screaming "Hip Hip Hooray!  It's New Year's Day!" We'd scream over and over again until our throats hurt.  Let's not talk about the time we wrecked and hit the trees.  Seems so simple and silly, but good memories are awesome and are great at fueling your soul to make great memories for your own little ones.

We celebrated New Year's Eve at my sister's house this year.  She had a really bad year and wanted to kick 2010 in the ass and say goodbye to it.  I surely hope that 2011 holds great things for everyone - especially her.  She has had a long, hard road and she needs a break.  Margaritas were a great way to send it out - the jell-o shooters helped a little, too.




My brother in law and his buddies from work hand built this bar that they have in their house.

There's a joke behind these glasses.  I bought them from World Market  for my brother in law for Christmas.  You can write names on each glass with chalk.   But each time I go to get them there's only like 2 that aren't missing chalk or aren't cracked.  And if it's not perfect I'm not spending my money on it.  So, over the past two years he's only gotten 4 glasses from us.  I joke and say that in a few years he'll have a whole set. 

Stocked bar


Me and my sis.

My sister with her hubby, Jason, and Tyler their son (my nephew.)




Dalton, my nephew.


Jell-O Shooters


Me and my hubby.

Wii Just Dance

And Wii Bowling - I suck at Wii Bowling, but it's still fun!

Cody (my nephew) sucking the helium out of a balloon.  And luckily there's no pic of me doing the same thing. ;o)

My Mitchster - Madison and Conner were with my parents.


I hope everyone has a fantastic 2011.  I've got plans to clean the house and take down the Christmas tree today.  And I need to go take some Tylenol.  For some reason I have a major headache. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment