Hi! Welcome to my crazy life! To read my previous posts click on "Older Posts" tab at the bottom. My music taste is vast and all over the place so if you don't like what's playing you can click the pause button. Feel free to email me at ameej1978@gmail.com for any questions!

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Rainy Days

It's a rainy day here.  Usually I love rainy days.  They're my fave.  However, today has been a weepy day for me.  My two little ones woke up with alarmingly high fevers.  Why does that always happen on the weekend?  So our plans for a fun day of shopping and seeing Santa has been canceled.  I hate seeing my babies sick.  Also, our Annual Christmas Party Numero Dos at the golf course is tonight.  I'm not too happy about leaving the babies, but the tickets have already been bought.

Back in June my sweet nephew passed away.  While I was out shopping yesterday I came across something that I would have picked up to give him for Christmas and it actually took a second to sink in that he won't be with us this Christmas.  That makes me really sad.  He had a list of ailments that included Cerebral Palsy.  And although it gives me comfort that he is no longer suffering I am still a little selfish and want him around.  Even though he couldn't talk his big eyes and big smile spoke volumes.  Talking is overrated anyway. 

I try to be positive and always have happy days, but I think we all need some sad days to keep us honest.  It's good to feel and to take a moment.  Today was a good day for it.  I bought the gift, put it in a cute box and placed it under the Christmas tree that's on his grave.  I'm sure some scumbag will come by and steal it, but I believe in Karma and I believe that she can be a bigger bitch than I could ever be. ;o)

Santa will still be at the mall next week.  And today I'm laying low taking care of my sicklings.  I filled up the crock pot with some yummy goodness and we're watching Christmas shows.  It's a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment