Hi! Welcome to my crazy life! To read my previous posts click on "Older Posts" tab at the bottom. My music taste is vast and all over the place so if you don't like what's playing you can click the pause button. Feel free to email me at ameej1978@gmail.com for any questions!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Annual Christmas Party Numero Uno


Last night was the Annual Christmas Party for my hubby's work.  It was held at the Harborside Room in the Hyatt.  This was the first year that we've gone.  These Christmas parties allow you to see other sides of your co-workers that you don't get to see at work.  Like when your boss gets up and gets jiggy with it on the dance floor and you get really worried because he has a bad hip.  You get to have lots to drink and get to dance to classics like "Sweet Home Alabama," "Brown Eyed Girl" and "Baby Got Back."  It's the perfect time to make a complete ass of yourself and not worry that you'll be picked on at work because Hey! Everyone else is having fun too! 

Then when you get drunk enough you can walk down Riverstreet and stumble on the cobblestones.  Tourists always say how they love the cobblestones.  I hate those things!  I'm naturally clumsy as it is and throw in a couple of beers and they're down right atrocious!  Then you ride the ferry boat back and forth across the river because it's fun and free.  And, well, that's just the sort of stuff you do when you've had a few. ;o)

And sometimes you show up at the party being the topic of conversation because that day your hubby took his buddy up on a bet and put a pie in his boss' face.  Ahhh....that one's gonna stick.  Pics were everywhere! Everybody was busting out their iPhones and Droids to show the evidence.

The only bad thing about the party was that I showed up all dressed up and pretty, but didn't know which forks to use at dinner.  I had 9 pieces of silverware surrounding my plate.  Just give me a fork and I'm good.  Throw in a spoon for soup or ice cream and a knife for a steak.  I'm not very sophisticated.  However, this dilemma prompted me to do a little research.  Next time I will be prepared for such proper conditions.  And if you're interested to know too check it out HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment