Hi! Welcome to my crazy life! To read my previous posts click on "Older Posts" tab at the bottom. My music taste is vast and all over the place so if you don't like what's playing you can click the pause button. Feel free to email me at ameej1978@gmail.com for any questions!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What Goes On Here

I learned an important lesson this past week.  If you ever let your kiddos cook with you in the kitchen you open a door for a plethora of disasters.  Because they think that since you let them help you once that they have free reign over the kitchen.  They also think that they are Paula Deen and can cook anything.  I came into the kitchen yesterday morning and as I came in Madison blurts out "Hey, ya'll" like Paula Deen does.  Yes, I watch entirely too much Food Network.  She had taken out the eggs, sugar and flour and was mixing them.  I calmly asked her what she was cooking and she said "A masterpiece."  I then told her that she should have gotten most of the flour in the bowl instead of on the floor.  She just smiled.

One day last week I was making Home Made Pop Tarts and had some scraps left over after cutting out the shapes.  They mysteriously went missing.  After a few quick looks on the floor and around the island I figured I must have thrown them in the trash already.  Then the next morning as I go into Madison's room to get her clothes I find another "masterpiece" of the pop tart scraps and honey mustard on her play kitchen.  I spent about an hour getting the honey mustard out of every crook and cranny of that kitchen.

My life is a crazy life, but it is some kind of fun!

Evidence

Mitch shot his shot gun and hit the target (a can) dead on.  When he got home he showed me the busted up can.  He kept shaking it saying that something was in it and finally a lizard hopped out of the can and onto the floor.  We were chasing it for a good 5 minutes.  How did that little sucker survive in that can with it being all shot up?  He's a super lizard.  We named him Clark (like Clark Kent.)

Can you tell that I'm a Biologist?  My book shelves are filled with animal field guides and Biology text books. I can just about name every insect down to the genus.  Yes, I'm a total nerd and I'm ok with that.


This is my notebook.  My mother in law got it for me with my initial on it.  Cute, huh?  I keep it nearby and write in it when I think of something.  My book is coming along nicely by the way.  I just keep on adding stuff.

And on a side note...who knew dinosaurs wore shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment