Hi! Welcome to my crazy life! To read my previous posts click on "Older Posts" tab at the bottom. My music taste is vast and all over the place so if you don't like what's playing you can click the pause button. Feel free to email me at ameej1978@gmail.com for any questions!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Be Careful What You Say

Madison is on an "ask a million questions" kick.  Every little thing on Earth brings about a slew of questions and sometimes I just don't know how to answer them in a way that she can understand.  Just recently I was cleaning some grapes to give her.  She was becoming impatient and asked why I was cleaning them.  I told her that I cleaned them so she wouldn't get sick and this is how the conversation went:

Madison:  "What's sick for?"
Me:  "That's when you don't feel good and run a fever."
Madison:  "Why would grapes make me sick?"
Me:  "Because sometimes people don't wash them properly."
Madison:  "What's properly for?"
Me:  "That means they don't do it like they should."
Madison:  "Why don't they do it like they should?"
Me:  "Because sometimes they just can't."
Madison:  "Does the grapes have bugs?"
Me:  "Sometimes if they aren't washed in the right water they get little tiny bugs on them that can make you sick.  That's why mommy always washes them."
Madison:  "What kind of water do they use?"
Me:  "Contaminated water."
Madison:  "What's contaminated for?"

*By this time I was growing antsy and said something I shouldn't have*

Me:  "They use poopie water."

That seemed good enough an answer for her and she didn't ask anymore questions. (Adding that now she has to watch me wash everything so she knows I did.)  We went to Kroger the other day and as I was grabbing some apples she blurts out really loud "Did they wash these in poopie water too?"  And to my dismay a Kroger employee was right next to us putting out some bananas.  He gave me the most awful look.  And there was no way I could explain it to him....

1 comment: