Hi! Welcome to my crazy life! To read my previous posts click on "Older Posts" tab at the bottom. My music taste is vast and all over the place so if you don't like what's playing you can click the pause button. Feel free to email me at ameej1978@gmail.com for any questions!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

How We Do It

We had Mitch's birthday party at home this past weekend.  As a birthday celebration I offered him a choice between a party or taking the money that would be spent on a party and take him shopping.  He decided to go in between - smart boy!  He wanted a small party at home with a home-made cake.  The leftover money would be put towards something he wants.  It was a small party, but fun.  We all had a blast playing kickball in the backyard.


I got an email asking what I do for fun in the sticks. Hehehe It was a funny email from a reader in the north wondering how in the world we could have fun down here with so little to do.
Thanks for the email, Elizabeth!

This is how we do it in the south:

We play in the dirt. Often we make mud burgers with large Magnolia leaves.


We go out in the boat.  Sometimes just to ride and sometimes to fish.


We go to the golf course and play around with putters and watch the tadpoles in the small ponds.



I have a sneaky idea that what we do here in the south isn't too much different than in the north.  However, back in the day I'm sure we could have been a sight to see growing up.  I'm old enough to remember not having a computer or video games. There was no such thing.  We had to be creative.  And since my older brother was a mechanic always working on cars we had extra car parts like say ummmm Car Hoods.  We would tie them to the back of the car and ride on them.  Good times...

No comments:

Post a Comment